[KimDaBa] The good thing can be better (Wishlist)

Wed Dec 17 09:40:01 GMT 2003

Am Mittwoch, 17. Dezember 2003 09:08 schrieb Jesper K. Pedersen:
> | Hi,
> | here some things which I would like very much in some future release of
> | kimdaba:
> |
> | - Display the full path (relative to the basedir) in the image
> | properties.
>
> In for 1.1 already.

Great!

> | - Allow to rename files (really change the name on the hdd)
>
> In 1.1 there likely will be checksums in the DB for ech files, so I can
> detect when a file is moved on disk. An actual interface for moving images
> from within KimDaBa is not planed though.

I still think that it would be better rename files in the application. I'm not
talking about moving them from one dir to another, just renaming the file.
The reason is that digicams produce filenames like "DSCN0003.jpg". I just
copy all images to kimdaba base dir and go through them and set Location,
Keywords, ... it would be great if I can change the filename to something
suitable in this step too.

> | - Loseless image rotation (which actually affects the files)
>
> I've heard that a couple of times (perhaps from you each time ;-)
> I guess it wouldn't be too hard to add an item to the options dialog
> telling whether images should be rotated on disk or only in the DB.
> Consider it on my TODO.

It wasn't me. I said it for the first time in this posting.

> | - Search for a image describtion and label (or can I also do that?) I've
> | tried to fill out the proper fields in the search dialog, but no pics
> | were found.
>
> Yeah that should already be possible, though I haven't tried for ages.

I've just tried it again, it doesn't work.

> | What do you think about these ideas?
>
> Keep them coming.
>
> Cheers
> Jesper.