[KimDaBa] Minor bugs and (Christmas) wishes

Franz Graf franz.graf at gmx.net
Sun Dec 14 15:51:44 GMT 2003

On 13 Dec 2003 19:01:55 +0100,  blackie at kde.org (Jesper K. Pedersen) wrote:

> Personally I hope to get many many hours for working on KimDaBa during
> Christmas, so stay tuned for a 1.1 release soon after new years eve.

Hello Jesper,
I've entered some 2500 pictures in kimdaba 1.0.1 and definitely enjoy it. Some
minor bugs though (for your Chrismas holidays ;-)
- If several pictures are selected, clear form does not properly clear the
date. For one picture it works. Question: How to clear the date of several
selected pictures?
- After certain operations, e.g. add option group or delete a picture, the
screen is updated, but thumbnails are no more in the regular grid.
- Image configuration - options - save current window setup: the setup is lost
when quitting kimdaba.

To the wishes:
1. I really would like to do something with pictures found with image search.
E.g., I want to send them by email, but before I have to reduce them in size.
Therefore, most helpful would be (with decreasing importance):
- copy to directory
- move to directory (incl. thumbnails and updating the database)
- create ascii list of path/filenames (this would allow making batch files).

2. Once a while I have identically looking pictures but a) in different path
or b) with different pixel dimensions. It would be nice if the tooltips
(Ctrl-T) could optionally show: path, filename, file size (kB), width and
height in pixels.
If I cannot get information about at least the filename, the label cannot be
used for other information.

Looking forward to 1.1.
Best regards and merry christmas,
Franz