[KimDaBa] feature request - incremental addition of directories

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at kde.org
Thu Dec 4 16:16:31 GMT 2003

Joe Van Andel <vanandel at atd.ucar.edu> writes:

| I also downloaded KimDaBa as soon as I saw the announcement in LWN. I've
| been looking for photo cataloguing software for a long time, and KimDaBa
| appears to provide lots of the features I've been looking for.
|

| I have a large number of digital photos, already organized by year and
| subject.  I'd like to be able to process a given subdirectory, so I can
| supply the dates and location for entire directory of photos.  If I run
| KimDaBa on the entire tree of subdirectories, its hard to locate the files
| from a particular subdirectory.

A work around would be simply to creating an empty directory and copying your directories over one
at a time (while restarting kimdaba each time) ?

Hope that helps.

Jesper K. Pedersen          |  Klarälvdalens Datakonsult
Senior Software Engineer    |  www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Peder Skrams Gade 27 3. tv. |
6700 Esbjerg                |  Platform-independent
Denmark                     |  software solutions