[Status Report] SoK-18 Project: Write tests and Improve protocol support for Kopete

Himanshu Vishwakarma himvish997 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 10:43:57 UTC 2018

Hi,

In this week, I worked on improving the previous patch and made the test
data-driven and now,  waiting for the review. I also wrote a new test of
class socket
​ in
​ ​
QQ protocol but
​ there​
​having some difficulties​
.
​ I
​will be

​glad
, If you look at the proble
​m​
 and give the possible solution.​

​
When I compling test it give the error like
​ this
​
​
/********************************************************
In file included from /mnt/NewVolume/sok
*​​/kopete/protocols/qq/qqsocket.cpp*:26:0:

/mnt/NewVolume/sok
*​​/kopete/protocols/qq/qqsocket.h*:18:10: fatal error: qobject.h: No such
file or directory

 #include <qobject.h>

          ^~~~~~~~~~~

compilation terminated.

/***********************************************************
​​

​To slove the problem, ​
​I tried the many thing​s, some are follows:

   - ​Replace to this
    #include <QObject> instead of
   ​​
   #include <qobject.h>
* ​​but got similar error*.
   - I​
   nclude the Qt5::Core library in th
   ​e​
   kopete/tests/protocols/qq/CMakeLists.txt
   ​ ​
   ​and in the protocol CMakeLists.txt file also​.
   - G​
   ive the full path of the QObject library in
* ​​kopete/tests/protocols/qq/CMakeLists.txt* but the issue
   ​ remain same​
   .
   - Reinstall
   ​ed​
   the Qt and change the lastest version Qt-5.10.0.
   - If I comment the line
   ​ ​
   ​
   *#include <qobject.h>*
    then
   ​error change but​

   similar
   error has come to this line
* ​​#include <QList>*​

Let me know if needed some more information related to the error.

Next, I plan to resolve the issue in
​above test
 and go through code base of other protocols basically Jabber protocol
​ ​
and ​
I also want to confirm
​​
that,
*​​should I remove the AIM protocol from the kopete?*

Link to patch: https://phabricator.kde.org/D10160

Regards,
Himanshu Vishwakarma