[Konversation-devel] Information on Gitorious setup

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Fri Dec 11 23:48:14 CET 2009

Some notes on the way things are currently set up on
Gitorious:

* As you probably know, commit access to Konversation is
  handled through the kde-developers group, which also
  has ownership of the project. This keeps KDE's good old
  everyone-can-commit-everywhere model intact. A downside
  of this used to be that everyone in kde-developers got
  merge request mail for every project owned by kde-deve-
  lopers, which quickly got annoying. The current solu-
  tion implemented for this (for both Amarok and us) is
  as follows:

  There's "konversation-reviewers" team on Gitorious now,
  which as its members currently has all of the core Kon-
  versation developers. Everyone in this team gets merge
  request mail for the konversation repository, and can
  also act on it, i.e. modify the status of merge re-
  quests. If you want to be added to the team, you need
  to ask one of its administrators. The team's adminis-
  trators for now are psn and me, i.e. the official main-
  tainers of Konversation.

  kde-developers, otoh, is no longer tied into the merge
  request rewiew process for the konversation repository.

* Merge requests can have multiple different states on
  Gitorious. A state has a name and a color, and marks
  the request as either open or closed. The preconfigu-
  red default states are "Open" (open) and "Closed"
  closed).

  Amarok otoh went with this:
  Open (open)
  Closed (closed)
  Verifying (open)
  Merged (closed)
  Rejected (closed)

  That's better, but I went a bit beyond that. Our
  merge request states as of now are:

  Open (open)
  Verifying (open)
  Merging (closed)
  Merged (closed)
  Rejected (closed)
  Deferred (closed)

* The various commit hooks (taking care of things like
  feeding into CIA, commit mails, CCMAIL:, BUG:, etc.)
  are currently hosted on Amarok's project server, which
  updates a clone of our repository every three minutes.
  If there's a problem and I'm not around to relay stuff,
  try chatting up eean (Ian Monroe) or morice-net (Jean-
  Nicolas Artaud) on IRC. Both are found in #kde-git.
  eean administrates Amarok's server and the hook setup;
  morice-net wrote some of the hook scripts.

--
Best regards,
Eike Hein