[Konversation-devel] Tango icons

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Thu Mar 27 14:28:06 CET 2008

Jonathan Riddell wrote:

> CC licences cause problems to our downstreams, notably Debian.

Hm, I notice that Debian does indeed ship Tango in the
"non-free" section ... thanks for bringing that to our
attention; I guess we'll let go of the theme, then, at
least until the Tango project finds a way to reconcile
with Debian.

> Have you considered asking our artists for a theme?  If you have in
> the past you could try again, they're quite responsive these days.

We did attend a Kubuntu development meeting a few months
ago to discuss the settings business, and with regard to
the theme there was a consensus that the one Kubuntu had
chosen over the default theme was graphically poorly craf-
ted and that if Kubuntu could spare some artist resources
to make something better, we'd gladly include it upstream
as well, yep.

Eventually, Tonio approached me again about the theme a
bit more recently, which was when I showed him the Tango
theme that had been brought to my attention, which he
and others in the Kubuntu devel channel took a liking to,
so we settled on that as an improvement over the status
quo. I'm not married to that theme, though.

--
Regards,
Eike Hein, hein at kde.org