[Konversation-devel] Translation questions

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Fri Jul 18 19:00:12 CEST 2008

Diego Iastrubni wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to translate Konversation into Hebrew and I am having some
> problems. Here is the list  (string number, source, then text, then my
> question):
>
> 79, src/joinchanneldialog.cpp:29,
> "Channel on %1", is this a date/time?

As I said on the channel, it's a network name.

> Please add a comment, saying it's a network name (can I do this?)

I think that would change the message id, and thus break
string freeze. So, no.

> 88, src/quickconnectdialog.cpp:60,
> If the IRC server requires a password, enter it here (most servers do not
> require a password.)
>
> should it be (dot after parenthesis, not inside):
> If the IRC server requires a password, enter it here (most servers do not
> require a password).

Yes, this is a typo in the original string. Again, fixing
it is sadly not possible right now.

> 92, src/dccchat.cpp:137:
> Could not open a socket for listening: %1
>
> What is "%1"?

An error message from a socket class in kdelibs.

> 101, src/dccchat.cpp:413:
> Default ( %1 )
>
> Extra space? should it be "Default (%1)"?

No, please leave the spaces for consistency with the rest
of the encoding menu list.

> 216,  src/ircview.cpp:260
> Save Link As...
> 228, #: src/ircview.cpp:1778
> Save Link As
>
> Can those strings be merged...?

No. One is a menu item, one is a dialog window caption.
The "..." indicates that the menu item opens a dialog.

> 267, #: src/konversationmainwindow.cpp:255
> Clear marker lines in the current tab
>
> Should it be "Clear Marker Lines in the current tab", as displayed in
> src/konversationmainwindow.cpp:254...?

No, status bar messages are not capitalized that way.

> 332, src/outputfilter.cpp:1413,
> No such ignore: %1
>
> What does it mean? What is "%1"?

It means that %1 (a nickname or a IRC hostmask) was not
found on the ignore list, and just can't be removed from
it.

> 414, #: src/inputfilter.cpp:417
> -%1 to %2- %3
>
> 417, #: src/inputfilter.cpp:478 src/inputfilter.cpp:672
> -%1- %2
>
> What does it mean?

414: Sender; recipient; message.
417: Sender; message.

> 487, src/inputfilter.cpp:1446
> %1 is available for help.

%1 is a nickname. The string is part of WHOIS display.

--
Regards,
Eike Hein, hein at kde.org