[Konversation-devel] Translation questions

Diego Iastrubni elcuco at kde.org
Fri Jul 18 18:45:34 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I am trying to translate Konversation into Hebrew and I am having some
problems. Here is the list  (string number, source, then text, then my
question):

79, src/joinchanneldialog.cpp:29,
"Channel on %1", is this a date/time?

Please add a comment, saying it's a network name (can I do this?)

88, src/quickconnectdialog.cpp:60,
If the IRC server requires a password, enter it here (most servers do not
require a password.)

should it be (dot after parenthesis, not inside):
If the IRC server requires a password, enter it here (most servers do not
require a password).

92, src/dccchat.cpp:137:
Could not open a socket for listening: %1

What is "%1"?

101, src/dccchat.cpp:413:
Default ( %1 )

Extra space? should it be "Default (%1)"?

216,  src/ircview.cpp:260
Save Link As...
228, #: src/ircview.cpp:1778
Save Link As

Can those strings be merged...?

267, #: src/konversationmainwindow.cpp:255
Clear marker lines in the current tab

Should it be "Clear Marker Lines in the current tab", as displayed in
src/konversationmainwindow.cpp:254...?

Also, control+shift are bad shortcuts, as they have another different meaning
and not always available to the application (same for alt+shift).

332, src/outputfilter.cpp:1413,
No such ignore: %1

What does it mean? What is "%1"?

414, #: src/inputfilter.cpp:417
-%1 to %2- %3

417, #: src/inputfilter.cpp:478 src/inputfilter.cpp:672
-%1- %2

What does it mean?

487, src/inputfilter.cpp:1446
%1 is available for help.

Now, I will wait until I get some responds, and then continue :)

- diego