[Konversation-devel] KBufferedSocket Status Update

ismail donmez kde at myrealbox.com
Sun Aug 22 10:21:27 CEST 2004

Hi all,

Yesterday Thiago fixed the "Konvi crashes if you close server tab before
hostname lookup finishes" bug. I backported fix to our compat dir. We might
have to use compat dir for KDE 3.3 users too because this crash fix at best
will be in KDE 3.3.1 .

On the 3.2 compatibility side new socket code works fine for argonel & psn,
both use KDE 3.2 . But PhantomsDad occasionally see weird characters "boxed
chars". Think about unicode chars when you are not unicode enabled. Those
boxes instead of characters. I'm guessing the problem lies somewhere in
identity codec conversion part of incoming() function in server.cpp .

So far I or anyone else not able to reproduce it. So any help on fixing this
would be greatful.

Cheers,
ismail