D25337: Change transparency to 10% and added blur

Mariusz Glebocki noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Nov 16 20:16:51 GMT 2019

mglb added a comment.

  Default text color and this new background blended with white still has good contrast, but it doesn't look so good when colored text is used (not that it looks perfect now).
  Also, please consider how it looks with transparency but without blur (as it does not work everywhere). It can be distracting.
  Konsole is sometimes used for hours for looking at text, so it have to be readable by default.

  In D25337#563442 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D25337#563442>, @niccolove wrote:

  > In D25337#563329 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D25337#563329>, @ngraham wrote:
  >
  > > If we do this, I'd like to see the background color changed to pure black so we don't regress contrast too much (or at all). This could go along with the proposal to do the same thing for text too; if so, we should land them at the same time rather than doing this in an un-coordinated manner.
  >

  > I'm not too sure about this, mainly because the background currently uses the breeze dark colors, and would probably look not as good and consistent with black.

  View backgrounds are not transparent, so this breaks consistency anyway (see Konsole panel in e.g. Kate, Dolphin, KDevelop).

  > On the other hand, this patch does not change the background color by much, especially on dark-y wallpapers.

  In real use cases people use more than one window and don't see wallpaper that much (even behind the window). Sometimes the other window is e.g. white web page or some pdf. Anyway, default wallpaper is far from dark.
  Maybe try a color which gives Charocal Grey (breeze dark view background) when blended with white (i.e. #0b0e12)?

REPOSITORY
  R319 Konsole

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D25337