D18352: Remember last output save directory
noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jan 19 10:37:29 GMT 2019
guotao added a comment.
I think it's no necessary remember the directory across different launches.
1. User want save log to same directory for two different sessions, they can open two tabs in konsole
2. User want save log to different directories for two sessions, they can launch two konsole
> mglb wrote in SaveHistoryTask.cpp:82
> `url` is a file, not current directory. `dialog->directoryUrl()` should work
I think there are 4 cases
1. User want overwrite the last output file
2. User don't want overwrite the last output file, but only adjust the filename (eg: increase file counter number)
3. User want save output file to different name
4. User want save output file to different path
For 1,2 file is better
For 3 directory is better, but file is ok too (we can change the filename immediately)
For 4,file, directory or home dir are all not good
For me, I use case 2 most time during working.
To: guotao, #konsole
Cc: ngraham, mglb, konsole-devel, thsurrel, maximilianocuria, hindenburg
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the konsole-devel