T10812: KDE Applications

Luca Beltrame noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Apr 19 06:14:29 BST 2019

lbeltrame added a comment.

  In T10812#182255 <https://phabricator.kde.org/T10812#182255>, @ngraham wrote:

  > e "GNOME" in their name (e.g. "GNOME Chess", "GNOME Photos", etc). Despite this, I see no indication that people confusedly think you can't use GNOME's apps without the GNOME DE itself. People seem to happily

  For KDE software it happend *so many times* over the course of the years:

  - "App XXX is cool but I don't want to install KDE"
  - "I don't need KDE, so I won't use App YYY"

  This was the first, real reason the rebranding was agreed upon.
  And for example in openSUSE we have people that use KDE applications with totally different setups (e.g. XFCE).

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T10812