D15295: [konsole]: proper fix for a crash-on-exit

Tomaz Canabrava noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Sep 5 15:50:24 BST 2018

tcanabrava added a comment.

  In D15295#320866 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15295#320866>, @rjvbb wrote:

  > I think these do different things; containerEmpty is called when a container (Konsole window, presumably) closed its last tab but doesn't unregister the container. I'd guess that containerEmpty will be called first, and then containerDestroyed when the container is being disposed off (because it's empty).
  >  There may not be an explicit current need to handle these separately, but I don't see why one should NOT do that.
  >
  > Note that handling them separately will be necessary if container (Konsole window) is deleted via deleteLater() or otherwise not immediately after closing the last tab.

  It will not need to be handled differently, if in the containerEmpty() you do everything that's needed for the cleanup.
  I say that because in one of my konsole branches I removed that and it indeed worked.
  but I had so many stale konsole branches that I removed a few on a cleanup.

REPOSITORY
  R319 Konsole

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D15295