D17049: Remove option to hide application name from titlebar

Andrew Smith noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Nov 25 12:17:34 GMT 2018

EspadaV8 added a comment.

  @glenncoombs I just had a look at doing that and it doesn't work out well. You can remove it but to do it I needed to remove the details from the `KAboutData` section (first and second lines below). Replacing `konsole` on the first line and `Konsole` for the `@title` does remove the suffix, but the about screen then loses the information. Calling `app->setApplicationDisplayName(QString(""));` after that (or before) doesn't do anything.

  `main.cpp:113`

    KAboutData about(QStringLiteral("konsole"),
                     i18nc("@title", "Konsole"),
                     QStringLiteral(KONSOLE_VERSION),
                     i18nc("@title", "Terminal emulator"),
                     KAboutLicense::GPL_V2,