D13582: ScrollBar overlay theme aware.

Tomaz Canabrava noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jun 24 17:06:00 UTC 2018

tcanabrava added a comment.

  In D13582#282423 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D13582#282423>, @Fuchs wrote:

  > Personally I don't think that we should ship changes that rely on hard-coded theme names like
  >
  > _canFloat = qApp->style()->objectName() == QLatin1Literal("breeze");
  >
  > as it will already fail to work for variants of that theme.
  >
  > I also think that if we already know that this needs to be tackled and will be tackled more globally, in a place that makes more sense and is way less of a workaround, we should maybe wait and skip a version, to ship something that works well and is in a state we are happy with and not a state we will already change again in the forseeable future.
  >
  > Short: I'd vote for having it indeed as a setting in breeze instead of a workaround in konsole.

  Fair Enough.
  if this doesn't go thru konsole we need to remove a few commits that are related to scrollbar overlay and scrollbar auto hide.
  I'v looked at breeze and I don't know how to tackle there as the scrollbars are usually added as a layout item and that item will need to have it's size set to 0 so the item on the right / left can go underneath it - non trivial.
  I hope to be wrong here. :)

  I'll wait for nathan's input and if necessary close this review and revert some commits.

REPOSITORY
  R319 Konsole

BRANCH
  fixThemeScroolBarOverlay