Konsole split view rewrite - ideas and questions

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Sun Dec 23 21:19:02 GMT 2018

People,

I’m currently rewriting the split view behavior of konsole, there is a wip
branch currently in phabricator with a huge warning not to be merged as
it’s currently too experimental for anything.

Bottom line: there is only one tabbar, each tab has a splitter with many
terminals inside.

What doesn’t works currently:
- detaching
- tab naming
- switching positions of the terminals inside of the tab
- saving the sessions
- restoring the sessions
- session bells on the tab

Quite a lot I know, but the rewrite is really intrusive so I would like a
bit of testing to see if at least the behavior is wanted. What works:

- Keyboard navigation between the splits
- moving tabs
- closing splits / tabs

Please don’t comment on the bugs unless they are not part of the not
working list up there and give me feedback if you want this in konsole.

https://phabricator.kde.org/D17643

Best regards
Tomaz