D17266: Use DECSCUSR 0 to reset to default

Ahmad Samir noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Dec 1 07:34:39 GMT 2018

ahmadsamir added a comment.

  Hello.

  IIRC, I researched that issue when I submitted the DECSCUSR diff; and the current behaviour matches the VT510[1], VT520[2] documentation and the XTerm implementation.

  And I went with the logic that matching the VT docs and XTerm behaviour is a safer way of implementing this, as the main consumers of such features are terminal apps like vim, which, AFAICS, tend to implement those features based on XTerm (as the de-facto terminal emulator out there).

  So, in my mind anyway, this makes things easier for those apps, as they wouldn't have to add special workarounds/quirks for Konsole.

  [1] https://www.vt100.net/docs/vt510-rm/DECSCUSR.html
  [2] https://www.vt100.net/docs/vt520-rm/

REPOSITORY
  R319 Konsole