[Konsole-devel] suggestion: konsole split into widget and app

Kurt Hindenburg kurt.hindenburg at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 14:10:57 UTC 2014

On 9/17/14, 9:23 AM, Petr Vanek wrote:
> hi konsole devs,
>
> I'm a maintainer of qtermwidget a Qt only based branch of older konsole,
> parts of konsole to be honest.
> https://github.com/qterminal/qtermwidget
>
> The qtermwidget project became quite popular and it's used in many Qt
> applications.
>
> Unfortunately the code itself is still blackbox for me and fixing bugs
> etc. is mostly based on grepping of konsole sources, porting it to pure
> Qt again. Personally I feel more and more like it's waste of time.
>
> And here comes the proposal.
Hi,
  Yes, in the past I've looked around to see if any external software
could be used in Konsole to replace some of the basic functions
(TerminalDisplay/VT102).
> Are you interested in idea of making one shared "terminal widget
> library", something like libvte for GTK/GNOME is, which can be used in
> Qt and KDE apps? I offer some help in the case you will agree.
That sounds like an idea.  Note that this will have to be for KDE
Frameworks 5 as there will be no more KDE 4.x versions released.
  Thanks
     Kurt