[Konsole-devel] suggestion: konsole split into widget and app

Petr Vanek petr at yarpen.cz
Wed Sep 17 13:23:47 UTC 2014

hi konsole devs,

I'm a maintainer of qtermwidget a Qt only based branch of older konsole,
parts of konsole to be honest.
https://github.com/qterminal/qtermwidget

The qtermwidget project became quite popular and it's used in many Qt
applications.

Unfortunately the code itself is still blackbox for me and fixing bugs
etc. is mostly based on grepping of konsole sources, porting it to pure
Qt again. Personally I feel more and more like it's waste of time.

And here comes the proposal.

Are you interested in idea of making one shared "terminal widget
library", something like libvte for GTK/GNOME is, which can be used in
Qt and KDE apps? I offer some help in the case you will agree.

thanks,
petr