[Konsole-devel] What are and where to get those bitmap fonts?

Kurt Hindenburg kurt.hindenburg at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 13:46:04 UTC 2012

On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 3:44 AM, Jekyll Wu <adaptee at gmail.com> wrote:

> Font rendering is still a major problem for Konsole.
>
> For TTF fonts, the problems are often related with "bold".
>
> For bitmap fonts, my first problem and question is: what are and where to
> get those fonts mentioned in bug reports[1][2]?
>
> "Fixed Misc"
> "Fixed Console"
> "Misc Console"
> "Misc Fixed"
> "Console"

A long time ago, Konsole shipped some of these:
kdebase-2.2.2/konsole/fonts/9x15.pcf.gz
kdebase-2.2.2/konsole/fonts/console8x16.pcf.gz
kdebase-2.2.2/konsole/fonts/console8x8.pcf.gz

I haven't looked at these in forever.  I don't even recall if any of this
stuff made the KDE4 conversion.

Also, you might try the kbd package.

Let me know if you still can't find them.
 Kurt