[Konsole-devel] Idea: Organize user data in a hierarchical way

Kurt Hindenburg kurt.hindenburg at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 03:09:49 UTC 2012

On Wednesday, March 7, 2012, Jekyll Wu <adaptee at gmail.com> wrote:

> "User data" means profiles, colorschemes and keybindings. It is strange
that those data files are well organized in our source code, but installed
in a flat way under /usr/share/apps/konsole. Although the location make no
difference to most users, I think that flat way is cluttered and not
friendly for future changes.

> One of the "future changes" is the GHNS support for colorschemes. I like
that idea. There are already some konsole colorschemes scattered around in
kde-look.org and other places. If we add that support, I guess users will
happily share and create more colorschemes. It is better to put all
colorschemes into its own sub-folder.

> I'm not suggesting we should do it now or soon. Actually, writing new
code is the least thing I want to do for Konsole at this moment.

> So to sum up:
>
> 1). move/put those data files into its own sub-folders: "./profiles",
"./colorschemes", and "keyboard-layouts".

I don't really have any objection.

> 2). add GHNS support for colorschemes; I guess most people are not
interested with downloading and using profiles and keyindings from Internet.

Yes this should done when every someone has time to code.

Thanks
   Kurt