[Konsole-devel] Konsol ESC codes

Jekyll Wu adaptee at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 23:45:55 UTC 2012

On 2012年06月25日 02:24, teknopaul hinds wrote:
> Now I'm more confused, I didn't really understand that %w thing, but I
> added %w to the sring I put in the widow title and ran this
>
> new Term().setWindowTitle("hello %w World");   <-- this sends ESC codes
> sleep 3;   <-- this is ajust a sleep since in xterm when the app closes the
> title changes back
>
> but Konsole changes the title to " : sleep"  which is confusing.
>
> Is that business of adding %w documented somewhere?
>
> :P

Well, it seems you are a new konsole user :)

The thing is not that you are sending the wrong escape sequence. It is
that by default konsole does not care about and show the "window title"
at all.

konsole only cares about the so called "tab title (format)". To see what
"tab title (format)" means, just double click one konsole tab, and
take a look at the shown dialog. The "%w" is used there, not in the
escape sequence.

If you wonder why konsole by default does not care about "window title",
see that (long) bug report.