[Konsole-devel] Konsol ESC codes

Jekyll Wu adaptee at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 13:35:37 UTC 2012

On 2012年06月24日 20:41, Kurt Hindenburg wrote:
> Hi, I'll add konsole ml in case they can provide a faster answer.
>
> Kurt
>
> On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 4:02 PM, teknopaul hinds <teknopaul at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Kurt,
>>
>> I found your email on this page
>> http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kde-baseapps/*konsole/credits.*html
>>
>> I hope you don't mind direct mail.
>>
>> I'm trying to get Konsole to change the window title with an escape code,
>> but I can't make it work.
>>
>> I can see code in Vt102Emulation.cpp that looks like it should work but
>> when I send
>>
>> binjs_termWriteByte(27, 93, 50, 59); // ESC]2;
>> $.print(title);
>> binjs_termWriteByte(7); // BEL
>>
>> Which writes to STDOUT, nothing happens,  in xterm the window title
>> changes.
>>
>> When I login via SSH to a remote server the title changes as expected.
>>
>> Any Idea what I'm missing?

What is your konsole version?

For version before 2.9, the window title is always the same as the title
of active tab. So if you want it to work, you have to include %w (which
expands to the well known window title)in the tab title format of konsole.

Since 2.9, there is one konsole option to allow window title being
different from tab title. You can find it under settings -> configure
konsole -> general

See https://bugs.kde.org/162326

Regards
Jekyll