[Konsole-devel] Blinking trigger trigger assert

Jekyll Wu adaptee at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 17:13:34 UTC 2012

于 2012年06月11日 00:24, Rodrigo Fernandes 写道:
> Greetings,
>
> As stated in previous emails while perusing through the code I found one could
> trigger an assert:
>
> ASSERT: "_allowBlinkingCursor" in file
> /home/c/Workbench/konsole/src/TerminalDisplay.cpp, line 1500
>
> Steps to reproduce:
>
> 1. Edit current profile -> Advanced tab
> 2. Activate blinking cursor, hit apply
> 2. Deactivate the blinking cursor checkbox and while looking at cursor hit
> apply when cursor if "off"
>
> If timed correctly we enter
> TerminalDisplay::setBlinkingCursorEnabled (TerminalDisplay.cpp:1424) and hit a
> race condition in which blinkCursorEvent is called with _allowBlinkingCursor
> at true.
>
> This is of no major consequences in release mode, but it would still be nice
> to make sure it the assert is accommodated for this situation

Thanks for pointing out the potential problem. I'll try to find out a
better way.

> PS: While RealLife(TM) has managed to get in the way I still very much intent
> to add new functionality to konsole, namely local file filters. To get an idea
> of the release cycle where can I look for dates ( unfreeze, i18n freze, etc) ?

After the KDE/4.9 branch is created by the release team, the master
branch will be open for features again. If I remember it correctly, that
should happen around RC1[1].

Regards
Jekyll

[1] http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.9_Release_Schedule