[Konsole-devel] Blinking trigger trigger assert

Rodrigo Fernandes rfernandes at gmx.com
Sun Jun 10 16:24:46 UTC 2012

Greetings,

As stated in previous emails while perusing through the code I found one could
trigger an assert:

ASSERT: "_allowBlinkingCursor" in file
/home/c/Workbench/konsole/src/TerminalDisplay.cpp, line 1500

Steps to reproduce:

1. Edit current profile -> Advanced tab
2. Activate blinking cursor, hit apply
2. Deactivate the blinking cursor checkbox and while looking at cursor hit
apply when cursor if "off"

If timed correctly we enter
TerminalDisplay::setBlinkingCursorEnabled (TerminalDisplay.cpp:1424) and hit a
race condition in which blinkCursorEvent is called with _allowBlinkingCursor
at true.

This is of no major consequences in release mode, but it would still be nice
to make sure it the assert is accommodated for this situation

PS: While RealLife(TM) has managed to get in the way I still very much intent
to add new functionality to konsole, namely local file filters. To get an idea
of the release cycle where can I look for dates ( unfreeze, i18n freze, etc) ?

Thanks