[Konsole-devel] [Bug 188528] konsole's history adds spaces to end of lines when copying text
kde at kde.lka.org.lu
Thu Aug 30 12:02:10 UTC 2012
--- Comment #134 from Alain Knaff <kde at kde.lka.org.lu> ---
(In reply to comment #133)
> Sorry, I made a mistake, the patch URL is
This patch appears to ovverride count() with a reduced count that actually
_removes_ spaces that are at the end of the line. If count() doesn't give the
actual line length, wouldn't it make more sense to fix count(), rather than
trying to use such a kludge (... such kludges may well be the reason why this
bug was there in the first place!). Or did I miss something here, like some
additional condition where such stripping applies.
Developers, when applying this patch, please make sure to test whether it
doesn't actually worsen the situation, by testing it with a simple test case:
1. Make a file with several lines, some of which end in one (or more) spaces,
and some of which who don't. Use a variety of longer and shorter lines (in the
past, bug only occured when a shorter line followed a longer one)
2. Using a shell running in konsole, cat the file
3. Press return a couple of times until file scrolls off screen.
4. Using scrollbar, scroll back, and then copy-paste file into an editor
(indeed, in the past bug sometimes only occured on content that was scrolled
5. Check that all lines which had spaces at the end still have, and that those
who didn't have any originally, didn't acquire any.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
More information about the konsole-devel