[Konsole-devel] Need your idea about the two bugs with highest votes

Kurt Hindenburg kurt.hindenburg at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 15:23:05 UTC 2011

On Oct 16, 2011, at 11:05 AM, Jekyll Wu wrote:

> 188528 - konsole's history adds spaces to end of lines when copying text(804 votes)
>
>     I also tested patch #3. The result seems fine, but I do not like the idea of distinguishing real space and filling space through a new RE_CLEAR_CHAR flag. After all, those two kinds of spaces are rendered in the same way in the display. Their difference is meaningful only when being decoded into text stream. So I guess a better choice is to add new filed such as "_isPlaceHolder"(false by default) into the Character class for distinguishing.
>
>    What is your idea ?

Hi,
I haven't looked at this in some time.  The patches/commits from me was just trying to get something that worked for most things.  I would like to have it fixed (w/ no regressions) regardless of the code.  Can you threw #3 + your changes  together for reviewboard?  It would be great to get this finally fixed for 4.8 (and maybe 4.7.x).

> 185466 - konsole right click context menu disappears (612 votes)
>
>    I didn't read all comments carefully because the problem seems  fixed. Should this report be closed now?

I hoped this was fixed.  I think someone re-opened it after my commit.   I"ll look at it see if people are still having issues.

Regards,
   Kurt