[Konsole-devel] Need your idea about the two bugs with highest votes

Jekyll Wu adaptee at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 15:05:41 UTC 2011

188528 - konsole's history adds spaces to end of lines when copying
text(804 votes)

     This report seems to track two related problems. The first
problem(extra trailing space when copying from history) seems fixed by
the commit in comment #37. The second problem (extra trailing space when
copying lines with colored background)seems a regression caused by that
fix.

     Based upon my understanding of the comments, there are 3 patches
proposed for fixing the second problem:

     1). the patch by Kurt in comment #67.
     2). the patch by Orion in comment #80, which reverts part of the
commit in comment #37
     3). the patch by tomasb incomment #94

     I did not test patch #1, but the code looks more like workaround
than solution and some guy says it breaks other behaviors.

     I did test patch #2, and as tomasb has pointed in comment #96, that
patch also removes real trailing spaces. I think that would only make
the situation worse.

     I also tested patch #3. The result seems fine, but I do not like
the idea of distinguishing real space and filling space through a new
RE_CLEAR_CHAR flag. After all, those two kinds of spaces are rendered in
the same way in the display. Their difference is meaningful only when
being decoded into text stream. So I guess a better choice is to add new
filed such as "_isPlaceHolder"(false by default) into the Character
class for distinguishing.

     What is your idea ?

185466 - konsole right click context menu disappears (612 votes)

     I didn't read all comments carefully because the problem seems
fixed. Should this report be closed now?

Jekyll Wu
Best Regards