[Konsole-devel] problem embedding Konsole part in PyKDE4 app

Wilbert Berendsen wbsoft at xs4all.nl
Tue Sep 22 12:35:45 UTC 2009

Hi,

I found the problem: openUrl() on the konsole part does not work well if the
widget has not yet been added to a parent widget.

So in my libkonsoleparttest.py if you just exchange the lines 36 and 37, from:

    mainwin.setCentralWidget(part.widget())
    part.openUrl(KUrl(os.environ["HOME"]))

to:

    part.openUrl(KUrl(os.environ["HOME"]))
    mainwin.setCentralWidget(part.widget())

... you'll see the exact same symptoms. I need to alter Frescobaldi to call
openUrl() only after the part's widget has been put into the right view.

with many regards!
Wilbert Berendsen

--
http://www.wilbertberendsen.nl/