[Konsole-devel] problem embedding Konsole part in PyKDE4 app

Wilbert Berendsen wbsoft at xs4all.nl
Tue Sep 22 10:36:02 UTC 2009

Op dinsdag 22 september 2009, schreef Robert Knight:
> > But in KDE 4.3 this has stopped working (after the call to openUrl() the
> > widget is not painted anymore and there are X Errors on the starting
> > terminal).
>
> Which errors specifically?  openUrl() should do what it says on the
> tin - if not, that
> is a regression which needs to be fixed.  A C++ test case would be
> helpful if possible.

The errors look like:

X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8
  Major opcode: 62 (X_CopyArea)
  Resource id:  0x52002af
(repeated many times)

I created a Python test case first, but that works well (attached).
So inside Frescobaldi there is apparently some weird interaction going on...
I'll keep you informed.

Met vriendelijke groet,
Wilbert Berendsen

--