[Konsole-devel] [Bug 195274] Selection with shift key and left mouse botton doesn't work anymore
snhirsch at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 02:44:37 UTC 2009
On Sat, 6 Jun 2009, Nuno Silva wrote:
> Anyway, I have more details. Yesterday I created a new user just to test this.
> Yesterday I wouldn't work with new konsole or old. TODAY it _works_ in this new
> user with newer konsole!!! Nothing was installed, removed or configured. The
> only difference is that yesterday I closed my kdm and logged in with the new
> user. Today I left my normal user logged in and used fast-user-switching to
> start a new KDE in tty8.
> Anyway, it's working for this new user now! I can't figure it out.
Yes! You are definitely on to something! I have it working now. Here
were the steps:
- Log in as myself from the KDM dialog. Selection not operational.
- Create another user named 'guest'.
- Log out to KDM
- Log in as 'guest'. Selection not operational.
- Lock 'guest's session, select switch session from the dialog and start a
new session under my own id.
- Lo and behold: Selection is now operational in my session! This
persists even after I switched back to guest and logged that user out.
This has got to be one for the books. What is the fundamental difference
between a session started from KDM and one initiated from user switch?
More information about the konsole-devel