[Konsole-devel] Text selection w/ mouse-aware apps

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 22:00:45 UTC 2009

On Mon, 1 Jun 2009, Robert Knight wrote:

> Hi Steven,
>
> Sorry, I forgot that shift was required under KDE 3.  I do use Vim and
> text selection with the mouse works for me in KDE 4 (using Konsole's
> text selection, not Vim's own).
>
>> I cannot select text under any circumstances.
>
> Before you mentioned only mouse-aware applications, are you saying
> that it happens when just running a shell for example?

No, poor choice of words.  that should be "I cannot select text from
Midnight Commander under any circumstances".

Can you try running Midnight Commander in a tab and see if select works
for you (will need to hold down shift)?

>> There are reports of similar problems with Vim, BTW (I do not use it).
>
> As far as I know, none of these reports have reached KDE's bug
> tracker.  Do you have links to those reports?

I opened an issue on the Ubuntu bug tracker:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/382162

Another user confirms the problem and mentions Vim as being of issue.

Steve