[Konsole-devel] Ridiculously large Konsole line spacing

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 10:12:20 UTC 2009

Hi John,

> However, while this may seem a bit silly/trivial, does anyone know how
> to modify line spacing in Konsole?

There is no setting for it but since you built Konsole from source you
could alter
the default value for the _lineSpacing attribute in
kdebase/apps/konsole/src/TerminalDisplay.cpp line 321
to a small negative value.

Someone else is currently investigating why the line spacing has
changed between Qt 3 and Qt 4 for certain
fonts but it might well be the case that I'll have to add a setting
somewhere.  As I said, the problem only affects
certain fonts.  Standard TTF ones (eg. DejaVu Sans Mono) are laid out okay.

Regards,
Robert.