[Konsole-devel] Konsole KPart in QGraphicsProxyWidget Problem

Jared Kells jkells at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 12:25:10 UTC 2008

Good Day Konsole Developers!

I am trying to embed the Konsole KPart in a plasma plasmoid using a
QGraphicsProxyWidget. Unfortunately the text area of the terminal sits
locked in the top left corner of the screen no matter where I place the
QGraphicsProxyWidget in the scene.

For an example see:
http://bonkel.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/funnykonsole.png

Interestingly the scroll bar is drawn correctly so I suspected the konsole
might be doing something a little funny.

I found three lines that move the konsole to the top left corner and reset
the rotation. Removing them fixed my problem see:

http://bonkel.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/kde4desktop.png
and
http://bonkel.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/konsoleworking.png

Obviously those few lines of code were put there for a reason that I'm
hoping someone here understands =)

I have attatched a patch highlighting what I changed on my system.

Thank you for creating such a powerful architecture, it's truly amazing how
simple it was to create such applet using kparts!

Kind Regards
Jared Kells