[Konsole-devel] Konsole + DCOP + DBus

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 10:20:35 UTC 2008

> What is a view anyway (e.g.: what is the difference between a session
> and a view)?

Using the model/view pattern, 'Session' is the model and
'TerminalDisplay' is the view.
Session provides the terminal emulation (communication with the
terminal and processing
of the ouput from it) and TerminalDisplay draws the output of the
session and handles mouse/keyboard
input to it.  The SessionController class mediates between the two and
provides the menu actions for
a terminal session (ie. the menu actions which are specific to a given tab)

Regards,
Robert.