[Konsole-devel] Konsole + DCOP + DBus

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 10:45:28 UTC 2008

> If some of the upgrades out there continue to maintain kde 3.5, reinstating the dcop code in konsole
> might allow everyone that already scripted konsole,

If you run the KDE 3 version of Konsole and dcopserver then you'll
have DCop support.  KDE 4 doesn't have dcop libraries as far as I know
so there is no such option as 'reinstating the dcop code' I'm afraid.
Either way, implementing DBus support won't be that difficult, it just
wasn't a high priority for the KDE 4.0 and 4.1 releases.

@Arno

Thanks for that - I'll review as soon as I can.

Regards,
Robert.