[Konsole-devel] Reason for TabbedViewContainerV2?

Constantin Berzan exit3219 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 16:58:30 UTC 2007

On Thursday 30 August 2007 19:25, Robert Knight wrote:
> Hi Constantin,
>
> TabbedViewContainerV2 is based on a combination of QStackedWidget and
> QTabBar, rather than using QTabWidget (as TabbedViewContainer does).
> It works around some long standing problems with QTabWidget.
>
> There are several reasons:
>
> - Gets rid of the frame around the tab widget
> - The tabs have correct dimensions ( QTabWidget squashes its' tab bar
> up against one side so the tabs are not given as much width as they
> could have )
> - Fixes flicker caused by a resizing QTabBar inside QTabWidget when
> tabs are added or removed.
>
> Several of these have been, or are being fixed in Qt.  It might not be
> necessary in future.

It would be really nice if these issues would be fixed in Qt, since this V2
feels like reinventing the wheel.0

I asked because I tried implementing the
double-click-on-tab-bar-creates-a-new-tab feature, and with my newbie-ish
skills I didn't get very far yet. Somehow I thought that it would be easier
with a {Q,K}TabWidget. I'll get back to it tomorrow for sure...

Thanks for the explanation.