[Konsole-devel] Reason for TabbedViewContainerV2?

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 16:25:19 UTC 2007

Hi Constantin,

TabbedViewContainerV2 is based on a combination of QStackedWidget and
QTabBar, rather than using QTabWidget (as TabbedViewContainer does).
It works around some long standing problems with QTabWidget.

There are several reasons:

- Gets rid of the frame around the tab widget
- The tabs have correct dimensions ( QTabWidget squashes its' tab bar
up against one side so the tabs are not given as much width as they
could have )
- Fixes flicker caused by a resizing QTabBar inside QTabWidget when
tabs are added or removed.

Several of these have been, or are being fixed in Qt.  It might not be
necessary in future.

Regards,
Robert.