[Konsole-devel] KDE Monospace font

tandem22x vajkonny at t-online.de
Tue Aug 7 10:23:10 UTC 2007

Hello,

When I choose the font Monospace Bold for the KDE konsole, i found out
that this font is mapped to different ttf-files for different alphabets:

Latin: /usr/share/fonts/truetype/DejaVuSansMono-Bold.ttf
Japanese: /usr/share/fonts/truetype/ipag.ttf
Arabic: /usr/share/fonts/truetype/terafikb.ttf
Hindi: /usr/share/fonts/truetype/Gargi_1.7.ttf
Armenian:/usr/share/fonts/truetype/FreeMono.ttf
Georgian: /usr/share/fonts/truetype/FreeMonoBold.ttf

Can anyone explain to me how and where this mapping is defined? How can
I add a new ttf-font into the Monospace face, let's say for example for
the Burmese script in the unicode range between U+1000 and U+1100?

Regards,
H.