[Konsole-devel] targeting OpenEmbedded at firmware environment on Motorola A780

lars.doelle at on-line.de lars.doelle at on-line.de
Mon Jul 10 22:22:07 UTC 2006

Joe, Andrew,

thanks for the note. This is indeed a case of a license violation. The program
is clearly based on the konsole source and i have not permitted to license a
derivate under anything but the GPL, beside a true port to python under a GPL
compatible license.

I have in general absolutely no problems with any port or derivate, and find it
even nice to learn that the konsole core runs well on phone, as long as people
handle their licensing homework properly.

http://www.dewmill.com/filesx/qonsole_b.zip
http://www.dewmill.com/linuxphone.html

appear to be main distribution site. Do you know of others? I've seen some
postings related to qonsole at motorolafans.com.

I'll attempt to clarify the issue.

Thanks again, Lars