[Konsole-devel] Detach / re-attach

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Wed Nov 24 20:54:41 UTC 2004

Hi,

I'm working on a patch to let detached sessions use a full blown konsole
window, but now I wonder how (if?) I go about with re-attaching. I don't
think it makes sense to limit that to the window it originated from, but on
the other hand due to practical considerations it will be sort of limited to
windows in the same process unless/until I make it possible to reattach
sessions between different konsole processes, which might be a bit of a
challenge.

Patch attached.

I'm inclined to drop the "re-attach" part for now, clean up what I have done
so far and get rid of konsole_child and commit all that, and then go from
there and see if session migration between processes is a possibility. For
the UI part of that I had thought to use Drag&Drop of the tabs, the only
drawback of that is that it is possible to have a single session without
tabbar :-(

Do you have any ideas on this matter?

Cheers,
Waldo