[Konsole-devel] Re: unicode konsole in 3.1: not working?

Emmanuel Touzery emmanuel.touzery at wanadoo.fr
Fri Mar 14 08:46:36 UTC 2003

Hello,

	After looking in konsole source code (README.unicode), I realised that to
activate unicode I need to send <esc>%G to the terminal. I slightly modified
by .bashrc to do an
echo -n $'\033%G'
(based on the utf8.sh of the konsole distribution)

now it works perfectly. maybe this should go in konsole documentation? I
didn't find in on the Konsole Handbook nor on http://konsole.kde.org (but
then again maybe I missed it).

anyway, happy to see that my favourite terminal emulator supports this..

emmanuel

--
"If there is any kind of God, it's not in your or in me,
but in the space between us"