[Konsole-devel] unicode konsole in 3.1: not working?

Emmanuel Touzery emmanuel.touzery at wanadoo.fr
Thu Mar 13 16:50:17 UTC 2003

Hello,

	I'm want to type latin1 and latin2 characters at the same time in the
konsole. It works well with xterm if I launch it with:
xterm -u8 -fn -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--18-120-100-100-c-90-iso10646-1
(xterm -u8 is not enough, some characters appear blank).

	I switched konsole font to "unicode". the font looks like the same one than
in unicode xterm, but it seems to still be only latin1.
	If I use vim digraphs to type latin1 accented characters, with
termencoding=utf-8, i get garbage, with termencoding=latin1 it works. Of
course it's the opposite with the unicode xterm.

	Additionnally, i have a slovene (latin2) keyboard. If I type slovene
characters in konsole, i get the following warnings on STDOUT:

kdecore (KAccel): WARNING: Sym::initQt( ffff ): failed to convert key.

	those slovene keys work well in other KDE applications and in unicode xterm.

	I am missing something or is it a bug of konsole that I should report?

	thank you,

emmanuel

PS: please cc me on answer
--
"If there is any kind of God, it's not in your or in me,
but in the space between us"