[Konsole-devel] Re: Konsole API question

Waldo Bastian bastian at svn.net
Thu Oct 31 12:37:54 UTC 2002

On Wednesday, October 23, 2002, at 12:36 , ROIVANEN HENTTUNEN wrote:
> Hi.
> Im trying to develop a application that needs to embedd a
> text application. The best way and most simple seems to be to embedd a
> Konsole KPart, but I also need to send input to the application, is
> there anyway of doing this using the konsole KPart ?

With KDE 3.1, yes. In order to do so you must make sure to pass
"TerminalEmulator" as classname when creating the konsole part. When you
do that you can use the KPart functions doOpenStream // doWriteStream //
doCloseStream to write commands to the terminal. doOpenStream and
doCloseStream don't really do anything at this point but it doesn't hurt
to call them anyway. Strings passed to doWriteStream must be encoded
with local8Bit().

Cheers,
Waldo