[Konsole-devel] how to emulate pressing 'new' button at cli?

Barry, Christopher cbarry at infiniconsys.com
Fri Nov 8 17:50:48 UTC 2002

Hi again,
	Any news on this topic? Waldo was scoping this out I *think*. If anyone has done this, and has a method I would really appreciate it. Ideally it could function something like this:

konsole --open-new-sessions <server-list-file>

where server-list-file could have a format similar to:

[global]
# overridden by new-session defs
# '-' is placeholder for default global value

# either local, telnet, rsh or ssh
conntype=ssh

# connect as... blank is current user
user=

# could be blank (causes prompt), *, or a real password
# * means use .rlogin or ssh cert
password=*

# a naming scheme
sessname=user at hostname

[new-sessions]
localhost	 /etc	         -         root    rootpwd  -
server1	 /data         ssh       dbadmin -        Behemoth
server2	 /home/cbarry  ssh       cbarry  -        MyHome
server3      /var/log      ssh       root    -        FW
serverN      -             rsh       -       -        -

I *know* I'm asking a lot here, but from an admin perspective
this would *totally* kick-ass! Maybe even another field in the
conf file to run a command in the terminal once logged in...

Thanks, and thanks for already the GREATEST console ever!

--
Christopher Barry
Manager of Information Systems