[Konsole-devel] Selections fixes [Re: kdebase/konsole/konsole]

Stephan Binner binner at kde.org
Tue May 7 16:23:03 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 07 May 2002 07:47, Waldo Bastian wrote:

> Ok, please review/test the following patch.

Did you forget a patch for TEscreen? It breaks selection for me completely:

 - I cannot select one or two chars, when moving mouse it immediately selects
   three characters.
 - Word extending selects a character too less at begin or one too much at
   end when moving mouse around.
 - Line extending to bottom doesn't select first character of first line.
 - It breaks left mouse click for mouse-aware applications (like w3m).

Under KDE 3.0 and KDE 3.1, with all tested fonts, w&w/o AA/frame/scrollbar.

>  |A|B|C|D|E|F|G|
>  0!1!2!3!4!5!6!7
> With ABCDEFGH the text on the screen, then the numbers indicate the
> selection positions. Now to select "CDE" you need to click in the
> region marked with "2" and move into the region marked with "5".

Cannot reproduce this without your patch (CVS-Version). Here it is like

>  ABCDEFG
>  0123456

To select "CDE" you click at 2 and move mouse pointer up to 5. Like xterm.

> One of the annoying things this patch fixes is selecting whole lines
> by clicking at the "0" position and then moving downwards. In CVS this
> selects 1 line + the first character, with this patch you get exactly 1

Can't reproduce this. I wonder if we have different versions of QFrame or
TEscreen.cpp. We must find, what makes the difference/this "half offset".
Do you use special font, special font size or something else special? :)

A third voice/tester would be useful too.

Bye,
   Steve