[Konsole-devel] Selections fixes [Re: kdebase/konsole/konsole]

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Tue May 7 05:47:19 UTC 2002

On Monday 06 May 2002 05:00 pm, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Saturday 04 May 2002 10:29 am, Stephan Binner wrote:
> > On Sunday 07 April 2002 22:55, Stephan Binner wrote:
> > > Please review and test in-depth if this is good enough for
> > > KDE_3_0_BRANCH
> >
> > Was any decision already made?
>
> I am finally looking into it and I am afraid it does indeed some of the
> problems I mentioned earlier.. I'll see if I can fix.

Ok, please review/test the following patch.

One thing it does is the following:

Imagine the screen like:
|A|B|C|D|E|F|G|
0!1!2!3!4!5!6!7

With ABCDEFGH the text on the screen, then the numbers indicate the selection
positions. Now to select "CDE" you need to click in the region marked with
"2" and move into the region marked with "5".

One of the annoying things this patch fixes is selecting whole lines by
clicking at the "0" position and then moving downwards. In CVS this selects 1
line + the first character, with this patch you get exactly 1 line.

Cheers.
Waldo
bastian at kde.org  |   SuSE Labs KDE Developer  |  bastian at suse.com