[Konsole-devel] Re: Improving Konsole

Stephan Binner Stephan.Binner at gmx.de
Fri Mar 8 14:35:46 UTC 2002

On Friday 08 March 2002 14:21, you wrote:

> > For Bash it's alt+left or alt+right btw.
> Doesn't work for me (bash 2.05a)... It just skips one character like arrow

I'm sure it's no bash configuration thing but try bash in a xterm. Or test Esc
left/right (this is the sequence sent when you press "Alt" left/right). Both
should work and so does it with Konsole of KDE 3 [Beta] and KDE_2_2_BRANCH.

Konsole of 2.2.2 didn't translate "Alt" to "Esc" but it should be possible
with defining a new keytable which contains these two translations (all
necessary should be described in $KDEDIR/share/apps/konsole/README.KeyTab).

> in real console this key binding switches to next/previous virtual terminal

"Real" console is different.

Bye,
   Steve