[Konsole-devel] Ctrl+arrow keys

Eric Christopherson rakko at charter.net
Fri Jul 26 04:13:49 UTC 2002

On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 09:52:48PM -0400, Steve wrote:
> I don't have such a tree ( suse 7.2, kde 2.1.2 ). at ~/.kde/share there
> is only "applnk" which is for another application.
>
> I am curious, these are the places ( all global ) that I have *.keytable
> files:
>
> /opt/kde2/share/apps/konsole/linux.keytab
> /opt/kde2/share/apps/konsole/vt100.keytab
> /opt/kde2/share/apps/konsole/vt420pc.keytab
> /opt/kde2/share/apps/konsole/x11r5.keytab
>
> These do not exactly match what I see under Settings | keyboard :
>
> xterm (xfree 4.x.x)
> linux console
> vt100 (historical)
> vt420pc
> xterm (xfree 3.x.x)

It's odd that there are five listed under settings, but only four files.
Anyway, inside the files you will find the name listed in the menu, preceded
by the keyboard keyword. I.e., a line in the "Linux Console" file would say:

keyboard "Linux Console"

> Which one would correspond to
>
> /opt/kde2/share/apps/konsole/xllr5.keytab  ?

"XTerm (XFree 3.x.x)".

> if
> >you keep the same name, it will override the system-wide keytab, but if you
> >rename it, it will show up as a new entry in the Keyboard submenu. (Note:
> >You'd have to change the name given inside the file, not just the
> >filename.)
>
> I created ~/.kde/share/apps/konsole, renamed xllr5.keytab and copied it
> there.  I restarted konsole, but the "new" file "steves.keytab" did not
> appear under Settings | Keyboard.

Ok. I'm sorry I didn't explain it well. You also need to change the keyboard
"..." line in the file, so it says something like:

keyboard "Steve's Keytab"

> I did look inside of the file.  Assuming I can make effective
> alterations there where could I learn what the codes could be for
> various combinations such as
[snip]

Best bet is /opt/kde2/share/apps/konsole/README.KeyTab.

> ( C- == ctrl )
> C-right
> C-left
> C-up
> C-down

I still haven't gotten ctrl+arrow to work correctly, so I dunno how much
luck you'll have.

--
Eric Christopherson, a.k.a. Contrarian Conlanger Rakko ^_^