[Konsole-devel] Ctrl+arrow keys

Eric Christopherson rakko at charter.net
Thu Jul 25 17:23:56 UTC 2002

On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 12:05:15PM -0500, Eric Christopherson wrote:
> Stephan, are you sure? I have one I checked out on 7/23. When I start
> konsole from another shell, I get the debugging messages:
>
> /site/home/eric/.kde-HEAD/share/apps/konsole/xterm-deb.keytab(109):
> keystroke already assigned in line 35.
> /site/home/eric/.kde-HEAD/share/apps/konsole/xterm-deb.keytab(110):
> keystroke already assigned in line 36.
>
> Lines 35 and 36 read:
>
> key Right-Shift-Ansi : "\EC"
> key Left -Shift-Ansi : "\ED"
>
> 109 and 110 read:
>
> key Right -Shift +Control  : "\Ef"
> key Left  -Shift +Control  : "\Eb"
>
> Logically, I would assume that right-shift-ansi is NOT the same keystroke as
> right-shift+control.

I just did some additional mucking around, and commented out lines 35 and
36. At that point, the debug messages told me the keystrokes were already
assigned in a DIFFERENT pair of lines. So then I commented out all the lines
that defined keystrokes involving left and right.

Well, after that, ctrl+left/right worked as desired, BUT... left and right
by themselves did nothing, nore did alt+left/right. Seems like a bug in the
config parsing!

--
Eric Christopherson, a.k.a. Contrarian Conlanger Rakko ^_^